Needleless Acupuncture in Omaha
If you are reticent in getting surgery for a multitude of reasons and want to try the holistic approach first, needleless acupuncture is one such holistic treatment that can alleviate pain. Whether you’re dealing with a sports injury, chronic pain, or an auto accident injury, learn how needleless acupuncture helps to provide pain relief. Here’s everything you need to know.
What Is Needleless Acupuncture?
Needleless acupuncture is like the variety of acupuncture you’re probably familiar with, where the chiropractor inserts long, thin needles into pain points throughout the body. The needleless treatment has the same premise, but different means.
Acupressure relies on physical pressure via a device or even hands and elbows. There are never any needles. Still, the chiropractor will trigger what is known as meridians, which life energy passes through. These meridians can get clogged up, but acupressure frees them up for less pain.
The second means of needleless acupuncture is called low-level laser therapy. Light-emitting diodes running at lower power reach down to the cellular level to trigger healing. This treatment is often a part of a physical therapy regimen.
Aren’t Needles Necessary?
As you can see, no, needles aren’t always necessary in acupuncture. Some patients are afraid of needles and may put off acupuncture because they think needles are a mandatory part of the treatment. Acupressure and low-level laser therapy treat pain in the same way without the chiropractor ever touching a needle.
The Benefits of Acupuncture
There are many benefits of acupuncture besides just pain relief. Here are several other benefits to anticipate with needleless acupuncture:
- Women who are pregnant or were recently pregnant often note they have less pain, especially when going into labor. These women also have less anxiety, fewer hormone fluctuations, and less stress.
- Those who are undergoing chemotherapy for cancer treatment have said that they recover faster and have better immunity with acupuncture. The National Cancer Institute did research that backs this up.
- There’s also research to prove the link between better sleep and acupuncture.
- Those with arthritis pain, knee pain, neck pain, and back pain tend to benefit especially well from acupuncture treatments, although this is a treatment for all long-term pain.
- Those who get headaches all the time may find these become less frequent after a few acupuncture sessions.
Visit Faimon Chiropractic for a Holistic Approach to Acute and Chronic Pain Relief
If you’re looking for acupuncture in Omaha, come to Faimon Chiropractic. As your chiropractor in Omaha, our other services include chiropractic techniques like spinal decompressions, adjustments, and manipulations.
Come see how acupuncture and chiropractic care can treat your pain. Contact us today to set up an appointment at (402) 884-5599 or stop by at Faimon Chiropractic.